Leinster House is the seat of the Oireachtas, the parliament of Ireland. Leinster House is located on Kildare Street, Dublin 2.
The house was originally known as Kildare House after James Fitzgerald, the Earl of Kildare, who commissioned it to be built between 1745-47.
Fitzgerald set out to create the stateliest of Dublin Georgian Mansions to reflect his eminent position in Irish society.
McSherry won the public tender to upgrade the MV distribution network at Leinster House ensuring security of supply to Government Buildings.
Electrical scope included:
- Supply and install new 20kv switchgear complete with 2no. incomers, 4no. feeders, bus coupler and bus riser.
- Installation and assembly of new 20kv switchgear
- Supply and install 2no. new 1600kVA ONAN transformers
- Removal and disposal of existing medium voltage switchgear
Design Team: OPW