Tyndall National Institute, Lee Maltings, Dyke Parade, Cork
Electrical Upgrade Works
The Tyndall National Institute, University College Cork is one of Europe’s leading centres for Information, Communications and Technology (ICT) research and development. It is the largest facility of its kind in Ireland. Tyndall, formally known as the National Microelectonics Research Centre, was established in 2004 to provide a critical mass of researchers that would support the growth and development of a smart knowledge based economy in Ireland.
Scope of Work:
- Surveying the existing installation
- Removal of redundant distribution boards and power factor correction unit
- Supply and installation of a new main board & sub board
- Modifications to the existing synchronisation unit & change over circuit breakers for MCC4
- New cable containment LV power, earthing and metering cables
- Re-routing of existing LV power, earthing and metering cables
- Earthing & Bonding
Services Engineer: PM Group
Main Contractor & PSCS: McSherry Electrical Ltd.
Duration: 2 Months
Contract Value: €150,000